While you are enjoying the cook-outs, family get-togethers, beach, fireworks and other festivities this holiday weekend, take time to reflect on why we celebrate Independence Day. July 4th is so much more than just a holiday to break up the summer doldrums. It is the time to look back on all the people and events that made this country free, and brought us to the blessings and prosperity that we are favored with today.
Be safe as you celebrate.
- Remember to handle fireworks and sparklers with respect.
- Be aware of fire hazards, and keep a safe distance from lit fireworks.
- Supervise children closely, and never let them light sparklers.
- Keep a supply of water nearby as a precaution.
- If grilling, be careful and heed all safety precautions. Make sure kids and pets stay away from the grill.
- Be mindful of the Florida heat as you play outdoors this weekend. Protect your skin from the sun, stay hydrated and seek shade if you begin to feel light-headed or dizzy.
- Plan ahead in the event of lightening and storms, which are very common in the afternoon and evenings this time of year. Make certain shelter is available.
D.G. Meyer Inc. wishes everyone a very Safe and Fun Holiday Weekend.