Wishing Everyone a Safe July 4th
While you enjoy the cook-outs, family get-togethers, beach, fireworks and other festivities of this week’s holiday , take the time to reflect on why we Still celebrate Independence Day after more than 240 years as a nation. July 4th is so much more than just a holiday to break up the summer doldrums. It is the time to look back on the people and the events that made this country free, and brought us the blessings and prosperity that we are favored with today.
Be Safe as You Celebrate.
- Remember to handle fireworks and sparklers with respect.
- Be aware of fire hazards, and keep a safe distance from lit fireworks.
- Supervise children closely, and never let them light sparklers.
- Keep a supply of water nearby as a precaution.
- If grilling, be careful and heed all safety precautions. Make sure kids and pets stay away from the grill.
- Be mindful of the Florida heat as you play outdoors this week (and all summer). Protect your skin from the sun, stay hydrated and seek shade if you begin to feel light-headed or dizzy.
- Plan ahead in the event of lightning and storms, which are very common in the afternoon and evenings this time of year. Make certain shelter is available.
From the D.G. Meyer Inc. family to yours—wishing everyone a very Safe and Fun July Fourth Holiday!